Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When Life Gets You Down

Have you ever had one of those days? You know the ones I'm talking about.


Where nothing is going right,

everything feels ten times bigger than it really is,

and you don't feel like doing anything.

Are you having one of those days today? Where life is just a bit overwhelming?

This week is going to be a crazy one at our home.

Lots of work to do.

Long hours.

So many things that I want to do, but won't have the time to squeeze in



Just when I am about to let those thoughts of defeat settle in my heart, I see this:

That's my pup.
Resting.
Relaxing.
Unaware of all the clutter and chaos around her.
She still loves me.

...and I am suddenly reminded that I do what I do because I love it.


I love the people I work with and work for.

And even though this week feels like a tornado, next week I will be resting and reconnecting with my family and home.


I have to keep reminding myself:
This is only one week of many. One chapter in the grand scheme of life.

Breath. Everything will be ok.
I'm entering this post as part of Tuesdays Unwrapped over at Chatting At The Sky. Head on over and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. i hear you. that was me last week all the way up until this morning when i hit the post office. which was supposed to happen YESTERDAY, and it didn't. but business / work is good ... we're lucky to have the crazy / busy. :) it helps us enjoy the relaxation & accomplishments even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the same week around here. It feels crazy, but the weekend promises rest. Learning to allow the present to be imperfect is a daily lesson. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete