Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tablescape - Coca~Cola Delight


Today is Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. (Isn't that the sweetest name ever? I love it so much!) Anyhow, I wasn't going to participate for several reasons:
1. Today was CRAZY, and I was ridiculously tired.
2. Our table is a mess right now, as it is loaded with the remnants from the office rearranging.
3. Hubby and I weren't even going to be at home for dinner.

But you know what? After looking at a few of the LOVELY tablescapes that were a part of the linky party, I just had to make a quick simple one and share it with ya.


Since the dinning room was lost in a "sea of stuff," I decided to use the new credenza (from this post) and make a quick dinner for two setting. Who knows, maybe we'll have time to dine here together this weekend.



The credenza is in the Coca-Cola room and so I thought that a Coca -Cola theme would be appropriate. I had a blast pulling stuff off the shelves and bakers rack to make my cozy setting for two.





I wish I had a better picture of that napkin ring - it's a watering can. So sweet! And no Coke room Tablescape would be complete with out a Polar Bear. ahhh... refreshing.





Isn't the gingham silverware in the mug too cute for words? And no dinner for two would be complete without a candle. It's Warm Apple Pie - and the scent is amazing! (yes, I know you're supposed to use unscented candles for a dinner party. But since it was just me and the pup setting the table, I thought I would cheat a bit. shhh. don't tell Emily Post!)



Unfortunately the photo that shows the whole setting was deleted (oops, my bad!) and so this one will have to do. It's the closest to a full table shot I had.
I hope you enjoyed this simple yet fun tablescape. Be sure to check out all the other creations at Between Naps on the Porch.

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Coca cola has great vintage stuff. My step-daughter collects it and has for years.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the Coca Cola items and I love to go to the Museum in Atlanta. Thanks for sharing.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some nice Coca~Cola things and it all made for an original tablescape~and sometimes those are the best! After all, if I took a picture of the table on an ordinary night and used it for TT, it would be too funny!!!

    Hope the rest of your day was not as hectic!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete