Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Simple Yet Delicious

This last Monday, the women's Bible study group I attend had their summer farewell meeting. It was a great time of sharing, laughing and yummy finger foods. Each group was assigned a kind of food to bring (taco toppings, snacks, bagged lunch) and share with the class. Our class was assigned finger foods. So I sat up Sunday night fretting over what to take.

Normally, I wouldn't worry so much, except my kitchen is in disrepair while we do some painting/rearranging in the rest of the house. So I decided to make tortilla pinwheels. Super easy. Super yummy. Added some crinkle cut cucumbers and homemade dip for a little variety. Placed all on thrifted glass plates and added cute scalloped serving spoon.

Voila! A simple yet delicious finger food served on beautiful dishes. Perfect fallback for those times when you're in a pinch.

What's your fallback for a buffet/potluck? Salad? Dessert? Casserole?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

I'm adding the post to WFMW over at We are That Family. head on over and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment :)
    I do take all my own pictures.

    I love what you ended up taking to your Bible Study class :) It looks super cute and yummy.

    I usually do salads for group things - usually a bacon and pear salad.
    The next "fall back" would be dessert - either a trifle or cake or something. I don't think I have ever done a meat dish for a potluck at church before! With my husband working most Sundays and two boys two and under, I just can't make it to the kitchen in time to make sure a main dish would be heated properly before serving, so I stick to room-temp or serve cold dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pinwheels look yummy! When in doubt I make pigs in a blanket. Fancy, huh? LOL

    :)

    ReplyDelete