Saturday, May 29, 2010

Awarding Awards

Right now, life has been overtaken with work. And although the things that are going on are all wonderful, they are time consuming and energy draining. Kind of like comming off a runners high.

So you can imagine how exciting and encouraging it was to find out that I have been awarded two awards from two LOVELY ladies! YA-HOOOO!!!


First off, the darling Kerstin from Mommy Time Crafts has awarded me the Trendy Blog Award! Woo hoo! This is so special coming from a talented {and beautiful} person like Kerstin. For real, have you seen the Lion outfit her kiddo is in? {see her profile pic} If I am not mistaken, I believe she made that. Hello cuteness!!!!! Thank you so much for the award,  Kerstin :)


The second award is from sweet Heather from Storing Up My Treasures. She awarded me the Versatile blogger award! For reals?!?! yippie! Heather has such wonderful posts about her family {her kids are darling!}, and she is crafty like none other! Heather, you have blessed my heart with this award :)

Part of this award is to tell you 7 little known facts about me. So here we go... And please don't abandon my blog after seeing how silly, kooky and goofy I am....

1. I am a total night owl. If I ever see a sunrise, it's because I have stayed up all night.

2. Although I love gardening, I have one of the blackest thumbs you have ever seen in the garden. So far, the plant casualties this year alone are as follows: 4 strawberry plants {watered with white vinegar spray bottle instead of the water bottle}, a gorgeous purple pansy {who knew you could over water a plant?!?}, and 24 tomato seedlings {I missed one morning of watering... only 1, and they kicked the bucket.} Nevertheless, I still keep trying to garden. Wish me luck... or better yet, wish the plants luck :)

3. I am addicted to using lamps in my home. From my seat in the living room I can see 6.... and there are many more scattered throughout the house. I love the warm glow of lamps instead of all overhead lighting... how about you? Lamp or overhead lights?

4. This happened to me yesterday at the store: I got a magazine while in line at winco, walked back to the cart, and it WAS NOT MY HUBBY! I totally walked up to someone else and called him honey. And he looked panicked. his wife giggled, my hubby laughed hysterically and I fumbled around trying to get back to our cart. definatly top 10 embarrasing grocery store moments :) haha!

5. I have the most hysterical hubby ever! This is a typical conversation at our home:
Me: If we put one word on that wall that described our home, what would it be?

Hubby:{in his "serious and sincere" voice}"Hungry"
Me: {laughing hysterically}
Hubby:That way you can remember to eat durring the day, and that way I would be reminded that I live in a perpetual state of hunger! {haha! I really do feed him...}

6. I love quotes and sayings. One of my favorites right now is, "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles... it empties today of it's strength." Love that!

7. When I'm holding a can of spray paint in my little paws, nothing is safe. Hubby and pup know to get out of the way when this madwoman is painting, or else they too might get a new coat of Heirloom White.

So there you have it. A sneak peak into the silly, crazy life here at the "too Blessed to Stress" nest.


I am thrilled to pass the Trendy Blogger award onto All Thingz Related. One word for you about their blog: L.O.V.E. That's it. They are so creative and can weild a power tool like none other.


And the Versatile Blogger award goes to one of my newest found bloggy loves Shelley from House of Smiths. How did I not know about you sooner? Totally cute, crafty and loves vinyl quotes/words as much as I do.

Congrats, hope you enjoy the award!And feel free to pass it on if you like.

And thanks again for the awards! You totally made my day, girlies! Thank you so much :)

6 comments:

  1. Number 4 had me laughing out loud, I can only imagine how embarassed you must have been, poor thing. I can't believe I've not done something like that myself, YET! Anyways, enjoy your awards because you deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your explaination of your black thumb, fits me exactly. I'm currently trying to save several flowers that hate me. Thanks for your sweet comments. Hang in there at work! There is a time and season for everything. Things will balance out and you'll be back to creating beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you, Emily-Friend! I just love that your blog friends are showing you some much-deserved honor. :-)
    I love all the things you shared--too funny about #4 (I've done something worse, actually!! I put my arm around a man that I thought was my husband...and it was at a church function, to! UGH! I wanted to DIE!!), and I can relate all too well to #2. I bet my thumb's blacker than your thumb, ha ha!
    Happy Memorial Day!
    *hugs and smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, wow, WOW! Thank you SO SO much!
    You're so sweet, and I'm totally honored! :)

    It's so nice to get to know my readers, and this post was so fun to read!

    I big thanks again! :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your blog awards! You deserve 'em!!
    I enjoyed reading your 7 things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the award! We are thrilled that you thought of us :)
    Loved learning more about you. I like the quote on #6. Definitely one I need to live by, I'm a constant worrier :(
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete