Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Share the Love - Take 2




Seriousely... I have an illness.
It is called, Compulsive Crafting.



As with the Basket-a-holics support group (here), I need a Craft-addict circle too. Why? After saying earlier today that I didn't need to make any more Valentines decor, I decided to add a few more homemade hearts to the entryway.

This was the inspiration:

She has the best tutorial, so I will let you head over there and follow her direction. But I will show you how I altered the design a bit, since I didn't have a book I wanted to recycle.





It's ok... go on over...
I'll wait {{singing Jeopardy song quietly}}
You back? Ok here we go!

Like I said, I didn't want to recycle any of the books on hand, and I really didn't want to work with messy news paper. So I made my own strips of words to cut up and paste into hearts.




I chose to repeat the word Love (didn't see that one coming, did ya? :) in a diferent font every two lines.




After printing on plain old printer paper (I used only one sheet), I cut them into strips using my scrapbooking paper cutter.




If you don't have a paper cutter of any sort, freehand with scissors, or even use scalloped scissors to hide any imperfections in cutting.




I then sat on the living room floor with the pup to glue and press, glue and press till I had all these fun different hearts.




To get different sizes, I cut some strips in half, some into thrids, and left some whole.




Just eyeball it. No need for super accurate hearts.
Love comes in many shapes!




Since I didn't have a jar candle to fit inside another big jar, I shopped the house till I found this beauty -  a mason jar full of glittery strawberry ornaments. I took out four of the six berries, dropped in a few hearts, added a berry, more hearts, so on so forth till the jar was full.


Isn't it just so appropriate that "101 Love Songs" came on the Media Player as I was writing this post.... ahhh love, sweet love!



I am in love with the crisp white hearts, and sparkly berries in a farm fresh jar. Just the pick-me-up I needed for a Tuesday.



Are you crafting today? How are you adding more touches of love to your home? Please share in the coments below... I would love to see what inspiring ideas you have!


This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog. Take a minute and check out what other creative ladies are crafting today!

1 comment:

  1. This is cute! I love that you wrote out Valetine's-ish things on the heart papers.

    ReplyDelete