Friday, November 11, 2011

How do I do it?

Back to blogging... and it feels wonderful. This year has been a tough - one both physically and emotionally. I needed to take a break. But now I need to come back. Yep, need.

I need to read your wonderful blogs, be inspired by your beautiful homes and encouraged by the daily happenings of your life. It blessed my heart and I need this kind of interaction.

need to share my creative side, my moments of DIY inspiration at midnight, and I need to know I'm not the only one that gets the urge to spray paint at 11:59pm.

I need to share what has been on my heart and what God has been showing me through some difficult times.

I need you back in my life.


But here is the big question:

How do I come back after a 10 month hiatus?

Do I have to have a big whoopti-doo, giveaway, announcement or do I slip in quietly hoping no one will notice the awkward crickets chirping in the background?


Here's what I'm hoping:

I'm hoping it will be like the best friend you had in middle school that you have not seen in years. Then you suddenly run into her one day and you pick up like no time has passed at all. You chat over coffee  and realize that times may have changed but your friendship stayed lit deep in your heart.


Let's pick up where we left off...
Fill in the gaps from when we were apart...
And set out to make new memories.

Does that sound good to you?
I know I'm looking forward to it.

All photos taken by yours truly.

6 comments:

  1. WOO-WOO! She's back! :o) Although I sort of had to stop blogging because my kids seem to need constant attention from me and I can't seem to get anything done with them around, I had to give it up. Maybe someday when they're older and more independent or if they ever discover that there really is more than 24 hours in a day, but until then, I'll just sit back and be a blog reader. I'm so glad you're back and can't wait to see what you've got going on for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily!! Happy to "see" you back in blogland!! I missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you woman. Glad you are back.
    You really and truly are a little piece of heaven here on earth. You inspire and enrich me with your Spirit filled spirit. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOTS of Woo-Hoos! and Yippees! going on over at DiamondGrove!!! :-) I'm SO happy you're back to blogville, Emily-Friend. And I'm so sorry that this has been such a difficult year for you. *hugs* But God is so faithful, and I can't wait for you to share what He has been teaching you. Love ya!
    *hugs*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have you back!!!
    thanks for stopping in on my bathroom....
    I hope you took some time for you :)
    Can't log into blogger
    XOXO
    Kristin
    my uncommon slice of suburbia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great year! Thanks so much for the visit. Don't worry about being MIA. We all have lives outside of blogland!

    ReplyDelete