Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentine Treat - Death By Chocolate

While hubby gets the new computer {yippie!} all set up and I figure out where all my photos are stored, I thought that I would repost this delicious recipe that I shared last year.
Chocolate lovers - enjoy!

A good friend asked me this last weekend if I crave sweet or salty when I want a snack. And the truth is that I usually prefer something salty, like salt and vinegar chips. {to die for} But if I have something sweet, I want it to be super sweet and very rich. I love dark chocolate and creamy toffee. So you can imagine my absolute delight when I got to a scrapbooking weekend and was informed that my good friend had made Death by Chocolate for our dessert that night.


Have you ever had this rediculousely simple yet delicious dessert? It is amazing! And it looks just stunning in a triffle dish set in the center of a table.


The master mind behind the creation in this photo is our good friend "G" - the fantastic cook. Really he should be called the mostest-amazingest-talented-never-makes-the-same-recipe-twice-and-they-all taste-great-cook. Try putting that on a business card :)

He graciousely shared the simple recipe for this delectable wonder and I in turn am sharing it with you. And to show you just how easy it is to make, I am making one just to take photos.

Oh, the sacrifices I make for this blog.


You will need four main ingredients:
~ 1 chocolate cake, 13x9 pan (I just used a mix for convenience. Feel free to use your favorite cake recipe.) 
~ 6 Skor bars
~ 1 box of chocolate pudding (hubby chose Chocolate Fudge. His theory: if you're gonna go all out on dessert, go out with a bang!)
~ 1 tub Cool Whip, or fresh whipped cream


While the cake bakes, mix up the pudding and crumble up the Skor bars. Once cool, crumble up the cake. If you don't have a triffle dish {like me), use a clear, deep bowl. Or tall cups for individual servings.


Now the fun part - layering. First comes a layer of cake crumbles. Then pudding, coolwhip and Skor crumbles. See that blob of pudding? Avoid splatters like that so that the layers will be visible and not all mushed together. If it happens, just wipe it off with a paper towel.

Snack on all ingredients while assembling.
That part is essential to the success of the dessert. 

Repeat for at least two total layers. Top with cake crumbles. And Skor crumbles. If there are any left after snacking.

Easy Peasy.

This is such a simple dessert to make that it just may be my new "to go" dish for last minute meetings, potlucks, parties and to satisfy hubby's late night sweet tooth. Thanks so much "G" for sharing!


What is your "to go" dish for dessert? How about a dinner dish? Share in the comments below! Have you posted a great recipe lately? Let me know in the comments so I can check it out.

All photos taken by yours truly.
This delicious post is linked to We are That Family WFMW. Link up and join the party!

6 comments:

  1. This is STILL the best chocolate recipe. EVER!!! Just thought I'd put in my two sense! I think this will have to be my new Valentine's Day Dessert too!

    So glad you got your new computer! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Emily-Friend! I promise to be your bff FOREVER if you give me chocolate!! LOL
    Seriously, this looks a.maz.ing. Gotta' try this soon...right after I finish a few more potato chips, lol.
    Glad you are back to Blogland! Can't wait to see what's up once you get your new computer up and running.
    *hugs*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... I was strolling along in your blog and this scrumptious looking dessert jumped out and grabbed me!! YUM!! It looks delish!! I used to make Chocolate Delight... it's a layered pudding/cream cheese and cool whip dessert! Ok... I think my mouth is watering now! Emily... love your sense of humor in your posts! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Can I have some now for breakfast, please? Come on over with it. I'm brewing the coffee as we speak (or as I write). Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Your Chocolate lovely and colorful . i loved this recipe and i like chocolate. i think its recipe healthy and tested .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy Chocolates ! That's Good look and awesome Posting

    ReplyDelete